Bio Bidet BB-2000 Bliss Bidet Seat w/ Remote
- Product Review (submitted on June 3, 2014):
First, a summary of my review, followed by a more extensive review.
1. Comfortable seat (elongated is what I have)
2. Good water pressure
3. Easy installation, even for non handy type people
4. Multiple useful functions such as variable water temp, heated seat, soft close seat, oscillation of nozzle, auto clean
5. Wall Mounted wireless remote
1. Its LOUD. Loud enough for people outside of the bathroom to hear the motor fairly clearly. Some may not care, but this for a bathroom near a main area, It could cause some embarassment as you can hear the motor spin up / oscillate, etc.
2. Wall mounted remote has small buttons
3. Many of the buttons on the wall mounted remote are confusing, and depending on who this product is intended for could be frustrating.
First, shipping from BidetKing was on time, and the order process was extremely painless. Product is pretty easy to install, as I am not the most handy of guys and was able to get it installed in about 25 minutes.
The remote has pretty small buttons, so if you are installing this for someone who has vision issues, that could be an issue. Also, there are a LOT of features on this bidet, and not every button on the remote is self explanatory. One example of this is, the "rear wash" button looks pretty darn similar to the "enema" button, as they both have icons of rear ends with water. The enema button shows a stream and the "rear wash" button shows more of a spray, but unless you are familiar with these buttons you could get a surprise.
The spray pressure is very good, and adjustable. The water stream is targetted well, both for males and females. I am 6'3 and 230lbs and the seat is pretty comfortable (elongated seat). My wife is about 5'7 and says the seat is also comfortable for her.
The seat warmer is nice, and comfortable. My experience with the supposed "instant on" unlimited hot water has been hit or miss. When the bidet first turns on, the water is "cool / warm" and then gradually warms up to the temperature set. They claim no "cold spots" and I guess that is true, however the water is not always the temperature you set.
One BIG negative (at least for me) was the noise this unit makes. I ordered (2) of these units, with one to be put in a master bedroom, and one in a powder room off my family room area. The idea was for my wife and I to have easy access to a Bidet both upstairs and downstairs, and also give friends and family a chance to try one.
This bidet is LOUD. Loud enough for people to hear the motor spin up while in our family room, and wonder what the noise is.
I am surprised I do not see other reviewers speak of the noise, which makes me think there might be an issue with mine... but in all other respects it operates normally.
I am rating the overall product as 4 stars. If the unit was not as noisy as it is, it would be an easy 5 stars, even with the somewhat confusing remote.